Monday, July 14, 2014

Ending the trip, beginning the reflections


Last summer I had the luxury of periods of travel punctuated by down time at my in-laws’ house to write about what I had just experienced.  Travel blogging is more of a challenge when there’s no real break, except hours in a rental car trying desperately to avoid carsickness on roads that wind and climb and drop and bump and toss.  It’s totally worth it to get the beautiful scenery, but my hat’s off to anyone who could sleep in the car on a Costa Rican road.

Already our time here is drawing to a close.  We leave in two days.  Last night we returned to the Central Valley.  Today is our friend Michael’s birthday.  We hope to help him celebrate, and maybe fit in a tour of his meadery, and possibly a coffee tour.  As for blogging about the past few days, I will have to save that exercise for when I return home.  I have plenty of photographs and stories, and a long-ish essay planned for facing one’s fears head on.

Until then, I leave you with this photo of some of the scenery around Tilaran and Lago Arenal.  Pura vida!


1 comment: